Auto Accident Injury & Work Injury Treatment
If you have been injured in a car accident or on the job…
you have come to the right place.We have been successfully treating accident victims and personal injury cases for well over 12 years, (often with no money out of pocket). We are highly experienced in working with auto and health insurance companies, attorneys, and workers compensation insurers. We will take care of the insurance details, so that you can focus on taking care of yourself. We’ll help you get the results you desire!
If you would like to receive a free consultation with Dr. Harris, call our office today at 623-512-4041.
Auto Accident Injuries in Phoenix, Glendale
Just a Little Fender Bender?
Don’t be misled by the minimal damage to your car. People react much differently than glass, plastic and metal!
It started with a routine trip to the store.
Suddenly you hear a screeching of tires and the harsh sound of metal hitting metal. Auto Accidents can happen anytime and anyplace, causing damage to your vehicle, other property, and most importantly…your body.
It’s tempting to minimize your own injuries because your car has sustained little or no damage. However, research shows that occupants can be injured considerably more than what you’d expect from a low speed crash, such as a dented fender or a broken taillight. This same research also demonstrates that due to the accelerative forces in a low-speed accident, the injury may actually be greater than that of a higher-speed crash.
The Medical Solution
If you visit the emergency room, you may be given a clean bill of health because you don’t have any broken bones. Although you might get a prescription to reduce the muscle spasms caused by structural changes in your neck or lower back, you don’t have a drug deficiency. And muscle relaxants do not repair the damage.
After what you’ve been through, you’ll need a health professional that truly understands soft tissue injuries, spinal biomechanics and rehabilitation strategies.
At First Choice Chiropractic, we understand the bio-mechanical and physiological effects often experienced after an auto accident, specifically including whiplash, headaches, low back injuries, and pain in the extremities.
Whiplash-type injuries are especially important to address as they may be associated with torn or damaged muscles, tendons and ligaments, inflammation (particularly in the joints), bruising or bleeding, and severe headaches. Call our Peoria office.
Work Injuries in Peoria, Glendale or Phoenix
Sometimes it happens when you’re just doing your normal routine. Other times it may occur when you are in a hurry and deviate from your normal methods. Either way, work injuries are more common than you might expect. In factback and neck injuries are the most common type of work injury…and are well-suited for the type of care you’ll receive from First Choice Chiropractic.
We have had patients who experience an injury after lifting a heavy object (especially in an awkward position), slipping and falling, or simply getting out of a desk chair. Work injuries often hurt a worker physically and financially. And since the worker isn’t the only one who suffers, the Industrial Commission and the employer also recognize that it is in everyone’s best interest to restore the worker’s health (that is why the Industrial Commission will pay allof the covered charges for Chiropractic care).
We Can Help
Whether it was a car accident or an injury at work, you need people who are experienced. A team who knows how to work with lawyers and insurance companies will save you further headaches. We will work with your attorney or insurance company to help you get the care you deserve. And don’t worry, if you don’t have an attorney but need one, we can refer you to a competent, honest, and hard-working personal-injury lawyer who will “go to bat” for you.
Discover for yourself why other Phoenix, Glendaleb>residents come to First Choice Chiropractic for their personal injury care.
If you’ve been in an auto or work-related accident, give us a call.
We’ve been through this many times. Not only can we usually offer quick, drug-free relief(most often with no money out of pocket)…we can help put this behind you once and for all.
To schedule a free consultation with Dr. Harris, call our convenient Peoria practice
today at 623-512-4041, or click here for our Online Specials.
Q: Why do I have pain in my arms and hands?
A: Because the nerves to the arms and hands exit the spine through the injured area of the neck, numbness and tingling are common. Even lower back pain can result directly from the trauma, or as a reaction to the loss of proper spinal curves.
Q: Why did my headaches start more than a week after my accident?
A: Whether you’ve been in an accident, stressed at work, or over-exerted yourself in the garden, your body is constantly adapting to the environment. When your capacity to adapt is exhausted, symptoms can appear. This can take days, weeks, months or years to occur. It is prudent to be checked immediately following an incident…don’t wait until the pain comes.
Q: Will I ever be normal again?
A: It is important to complete the treatment prescribed by your doctor to ensure success. Many chiropractic patients report restored spinal curves and an end to their symptoms…sometimes much sooner than expected.
Q: I was only in a minor accident years ago, why am I hurting now?
A: Those who delay seeking appropriate care often discover that scar tissue and spinal instability results in more problems later on. This can exacerbate the problem, making it more difficult to treat than if it was addressed promptly.
Q: How will I know if my work injury is covered?
A: According to the Industrial Commission, an injury is covered under worker’s compensation if it is job related. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to make sure the injury is reported to your supervisor/employer…as soon as possible.
Auto Accident Tips
- Stop your vehicle in the safest place (off the traveled roadway, if possible). Turn off the ignition. Get out carefully and determine if anyone is injured. Administer first aid, if needed, but do not try to move an injured individual.
- If appropriate, call the police (9-1-1) immediately. Tell them about any injuries. They will notify EMS.
- If your vehicle cannot be moved, turn on hazard lights, and ask the investigating officers to help you set flares until the vehicle can be towed.
- Document the names of individuals at the scene of the accident.
- If you think the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, insist on a breath test for the other driver.
- Cooperate with the police and other individuals involved, but do not admit fault. You may be asked to show your insurance card, but do not reveal your coverage limits.
- If the other individual accepts responsibility for the accident, do not accept any money offered to you. By accepting money, you may give up your right to file a claim against the other driver, even if the damages are more extensive than you first thought.
- Never agree to ignore an auto accident, even if there appears to be no damage. You may find out later that there were actually hidden damages or injuries or that the other person has filed a lawsuit against you.
- Write a detailed account of the accident.
- If a camera is available, take pictures from various perspectives showing the damage, position of vehicles, skid marks and anything else documenting what happened. Make copies of the pictures.
- Report the accident to your insurance agent or company as soon as possible even if there appears to be no damage or injuries.
- First Choice Chiropractic at your earliest convenience for a comprehensiveChiropractic exam. We have over 12 years of experience helping accident victims in Phoenix, Glendale and throughout the Valley. And Chiropractic care is usually fully covered by insurance companies…even if you weren’t the driver.