Massage Therapy from First Choice Chiropractic
Both our staff and our patients love massage because it pairs perfectly with chiropractic care. It’s also a healthcare method that’s appropriate for people of all ages, and you can customize massage therapy to the individual. It’s super beneficial to your health.
The Benefits of Massage
At its core, massage therapy improves blood oxygen levels and circulation, which means more nutrients reach body tissues. Massage also relieves pain and reduces muscle tension, increases range of motion and flexibility, and helps your body clear out lactic acid and other waste. While the benefits are many, here are the top five:
- Muscle Health - Healthy muscles are loose and strong. Massage helps stretch muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce pain.
- Pain Reduction - Massage therapy’s ability to relieve tension has ample research showing it’s far more effective at pain relief than prescription drugs. Our clients utilize it for chronic pain, an injury, and various health conditions.
- Stress Relief - Massage can help lower cortisol levels and increase levels of oxytocin, a hormone that relaxes the body and produces soothing effects.
- Joint Health - Massage helps restore and preserve flexibility and range of motion while stimulating the production of your body’s natural lubrication.
- Musculoskeletal Conditions - Deep tissue massage in particular has ample research backing its ability to provide pain relief and empowering the body to recover from conditions like chronic back pain, sciatica, fibromyalgia, and more.
The Massage and Chiropractic Duo
Chiropractors also work soft tissue, but not to the degree of a massage therapist. Undergoing massage therapy before an adjustment makes chiropractic manipulations easier and helps adjustments hold.
Stiff muscles tend to pull everything right back to where it was before an adjustment. Loose, strong muscles help you avoid strain that can otherwise cause your body issues, which means adjustments hold longer.
Relaxed, tension-free muscles enable your body’s natural healing processes to occur, eliminate pain, make way for better blood flow, and make you less likely to get injured during exercise. But if you do sustain an injury, that healthier state helps you recover faster.
At First Choice Chiropractic in Phoenix Arizona, our team consists of both chiropractors and licensed massage therapists. We teamwork your health information to deliver the best massage therapy custom tailored to your health needs, and with the convenience of both health services all in one location.
Our massage therapists also practice myofascial release therapy, a form of massage that specializes in loosening skeletal muscle, encouraging muscles to relax. It works by restoring range of motion and relaxing tight muscles, improving circulation. Massage sites aren’t always where the pain originates and instead focuses on the areas causing the pain, getting to the root of the pain.